Summary of Duties: Responsible for the charge entry and claims submission process. Utilizes industry experience and judgment when reviewing encounters for completion and accuracy. Promotes communication with manager and client as appropriate to resolve charge entry concerns.
Classification: Full-Time /Hourly / Non-Exempt
Supervision Received: Reports to Billing Manager.
- Accepts and reviews patient encounters for accuracy. Posts encounters in a timely manner, and follows standard quality review procedures on each encounter posted.
- Prepares and submits clean claims to insurance carriers either electronically or on paper as determined by the carrier.
- Answers questions from patients, insurance companies, and the client.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Participates in educational activities. Attendsregular team meetings and all company-wide meetings.
- Maintains knowledge of multiple practice management systems that MedComm uses to manage the revenue cycle process for its clients.
- Conducts self in accordance with MedComm’s employee manual.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and adheres to all compliance regulations.
- Accepts and completes other duties as assigned by Team Lead or Billing Manager.
- Assists MedComm by supporting all contractual timelines as outlined in the Billing Service Agreement for each assigned client.
HS Diploma or GED required. Associate or bachelors degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Two (2) years previous medical billing experience required.
- Previous knowledge of medical coding (CPT and ICD)required.Ability to read and understand an EOB preferred.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of business office equipment and common procedures.
Environmental/Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Occasional overtime may be required as business needs dictate.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a telephone and computer keyboard.