What do you enjoy most about working for MedComm?
I like the work and my coworkers. I look forward to coming to work everyday! I like interacting with the patients, helping them with their statements, and providing the best customer service. I like interacting with the facilities and their personnel.
How does MedComm make you feel valued as an employee?
MedComm is a professional company and everyone is treated as a professional. The small perks we get such as profit-sharing and gift cards at our birthdays and Christmas are meaningful. They show that management is supportive and cares.
How long have you worked for MedComm?
I have been working at MedComm for 3 & 1/2 years.
What professional values are most important to you?
Being professional and polite with patients, precision and accuracy, my relationships with my coworkers, and communication with management.
During your tenure with MedComm, how have you developed in your career?
When I was hired, I had no knowledge of Medical billing! I have learned so much about the billing process and I know there is a lot more that I don’t know!
During your tenure with MedComm, what are 3 career lessons you’ve learned?
1. Be polite and professional even though sometimes patients are unhappy (AKA rude).
2. Being more independent in making decisions without having to confer with my team lead.
3. Medical billing is constantly changing and being able to adapt with changes quickly and efficiently.
What is the most important aspect of your job?
The most important aspect of my job is to provide excellent customer service and communicate effectively with my coworkers.
What is your personal mantra?
I am a very positive, flexible person and able to go with the flow. I am open to new and challenging changes in life. Every moment is a new opportunity. I strive to be the best human being possible!
You are happiest when .. ?
When I am with my friends and rooting for my sports teams. That includes the Buckeyes, Indianapolis Colts, St. Louis Cardinals, and yes, the Browns!
Name 3 interesting things about you that your co-workers might not know.
1. I wanted to attend Purdue University and major in Fashion Merchandising but instead I ended up at small liberal arts school, DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana. People get confused and think it is DePaul University located in Chicago!
2. In the 3 & 1/2 years I have worked at MedComm, I have only called off sick once.
3. I get up at 5:45 three days a week to go workout before I come to work.
4. My coworkers may not know how I got the nickname name Fifi!