Summary of Duties: Responsible for accurately posting and balancing all payments for each assigned client on a daily basis and resolving simple billing issues.
Classification: Full-Time /Hourly / Non-Exempt
Supervision Received: Reports to Billing Manager.
- Receives and reviews carrier and patient payment documents for each client facility assigned.
- Posts payments in a timely and accurate manner within a high volume setting.
- Balances daily summary reports to EOBs and statements after payments are posted and prepares daily deposits.
- Prepares, reviews, and approves patient statements.
- Evaluates patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans as needed.
- Participates in educational activities. Attendsregular team meetings and all company-wide meetings.
- Maintains knowledge of multiple practice management systems that MedComm uses to manage the revenue cycle process for its clients.
- Conducts self in accordance with MedComm’s employee manual.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and adheres to all compliance regulations.
- Assists MedComm by supporting all contractual timelines as outlined in the Billing Service Agreement for each assigned client.
- Accepts and completes other duties as assigned by Team Lead or Billing Manager.
HS Diploma or GED required. Associate or bachelors degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Two (2) years previous medical billing experience required.
- Previous knowledge of medical coding (CPT and ICD)required.Ability to read and understand an EOB required.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of business office equipment and common procedures.
Environmental/Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Occasional overtime may be required as business needs dictate.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a telephone and computer keyboard.